Thursday, August 20, 2009

I think I might be over it...

The raw thing has its benefits - that's for sure. I get a high about 3 pm once all of the nutrients from my raw lunch kicks in. I feel great. I don't crave coffee, alcohol, or junk food.

So these are all GREAT things. But there's a part of me that wants to go home and make brown rice with lentils and spinach - COOKED! AND I want to put Parmesan cheese on it. I love my umami (Google "new taste.")

Then again, I said 3 days and really want to prove I can stick to it. In fact, I'm thinking I'd like to try to stick to it even more!

I really do feel great. And surprisingly (and this may be TMI) I am not super gassy. I thought I'd be a mess digestively. I'm not at all.

So, I'm at a crossroads. I think I should stick to it because it will help me recognize appropriate times and places for giving into my "cravings."

1 comment:

Amy Jo said...

I love me some raw veggies, but in moderation! Good luck.